Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mmmmmm…Cookies!

So, is it bad to let your kids eat cookies for breakfast? I signed up to supply sugar cookies for Bubba’s (4) Valentine’s Day Party at preschool. I wanted to make him proud so I searched the internet and came across this recipe. I made two batches of the dough, which was enough to send 20 to school and have a good amount at home. I even made the dough pink. Keep in mind here me + kitchen = mess. See below:

Pretty Pink dough:

Yummy..Pretty ..Cookies:

Side note I started out making these on my Pampered Chef cooking stone, however after the first batch switched to a metal baking sheet. The cookies turned out so much better on metal cookie sheet.
Since the recipe also came with an icing recipe I went ahead and gave that a try for our cookies at home, since they are decorating their class cookies in school! All I have to say is homemade sugar cookies + homemade icing + sugar sprinkles = YUMMY! Honestly homemade tastes so much better than store bought!

Plus the kids loved it…especially for breakfast. *smiles*
Added bonus I get to use those thrifty little cake plates I made last week!
Add some sugarlicous love to your Valentine’s Day with homemade cookies and icing!


No comments:

Post a Comment