Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finding My Groove

How does one even come back from such a hiatus? My last post was at the end of October and I don’t know what happened. Blogging is hard, especially when there are so many awesome people out there that just have a knack for blogging and creatively writing. I’m still amazed at all the things people come up with….and on occasion I amaze myself! Since last October I have made lots of great things, which I hope to blog about. Part of getting my groove back consists of getting back into using my Menu Board, so I know its Wednesday but I’m going to share this week’s menu:

Monday – Chick-Fil-A (Our lazy holiday meal)

Tuesday – Pizza Casserole w/salad (only changes I made to this was I used 1lb of beef and 1lb of sausage, also instead of two layers of cheese I only used one for the final layer on top) This turned out great! We have tried something similar in the Crockpot that the family wasn’t so crazy about. Everyone said this one turned out much better!

Wednesday – Crockpot Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles w/green beans

Thursday – Spicy Peanut Noodles w/broccoli

Friday – Steak & Potatoes w/salad

Saturday – Crockpot Potato Soup & Sandwiches

Sunday – Mandarin Chicken over rice w/green beans (This is so easy and a staple in our lives seeing as the kids love it and always ask for it!)

I actually veered away from my usual easy cheap meal style and tried to put a little variety in our eats this week. A few other things we are trying this week are:

Breakfast: Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups

Snacks: No Bake Energy Bites
Seasoned Walnuts (Walnuts are very beneficial for O Blood types)

Deserts: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie

I was lucky enough to receive a Kindle Fire for Christmas, which proves to be completely useful when it comes to cooking! Well that and Pinterest of course! I love placing recipes on my Food board and then when it comes time to cook using my Kindle to pull up recipes…Love…Love…Love..my Kindle Fire!

Comeback tomorrow when I share a buffet furniture makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment