Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy’s Day

I hope everyone enjoyed spending Father’s Day with that special guy in their life! I know I enjoyed spending the day with both of mine (Dad and Husband). Of course I always enjoy spending time with my family, but days like today give me the excuse to craft something for them too. I blog hopped all week looking at all of the cool ideas everyone else was doing and I meshed my own idea into something of my own! First I would like to share with you the awesome present I received for Mother’s Day. Can I just say I think my craftiness has rubbed off on my hubby as he has really come up with some great ideas over the years for me. How lucky am I he understands my value of homemade memories rather than store bought stuff! This was made using my kiddos hands and fingers!

Okay, while I wish I could remember the link for where I saw this idea alas I do not. The only difference for mine was I was a little cheaper. I could have purchased a three slot picture frame for my finished project; however I chose to create one. I purchased (3) unfinished 4 x 6 wooden picture frames at Michaels for $.66 each (they were on sale), also a steak stick which I purchased for $.99 back in the unfinished wood section as well. First I painted all the edges of the frame inside and out. Next I traced and cut the frames out of scrapbook paper and modge podged the paper frame to the wooden one. I purchased two letters “D”& “A”, which were on sale for $.99 at the Hobby Lobby. I spray painted the letters one light and one dark. I took pictures of the kids holding the letters different ways up against a brick wall. I then took the best ones and photo edited them slightly, printed, and placed in the frames. Next I glued all three frames side by side across the stick. For the “DAD” frame I have not yet added the ribbon. However, for my Dad whom we call “PAP” I attached ribbon to the back so that it could be hung. I also decorated the front of the frames with scrapbook stickers which best fit each recipient. I am totally happy with the outcome! You can really do so much with this and it was a pretty inexpensive project, which we will be able to lovingly adore forever!


Lastly below is a picture of my oldest that I snapped when we were doing our pictures for the craft. I adore her, although I will openly admit she is a pain 99% of the time.

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment